Time once again flies. )):
Left Vietnam and back to my Sunny island! While I was not all over enthusiastic for the trip this time, it is once again an eye-opener for me. I love to immerse myself with the different cultures and of course, the food that the Ho Chi Minh can bring. I'm really so fascinated by the region that I live in, South East Asia, the different borders and it's variety of cultures, languages and traditions.
Excuse me since I did not travel to many countries, but I would say Ho Chi Minh is the Capital of Motorbikes. It is so marvelous to even stand by the roadside and observe the hustle and bustle of the city. Albeit the deemed messy traffic and the mission-impossible road crossing, the city is forever in the constant flux- people scurrying for living, people stopping by at food stalls to eat and people standing idly to rest.With so many developments and constructions, I anticipate that HCM be another booming city. Yet, once again, as I witnessed city-dwellers imploring for money, a phenomenon prevalent in any big cities, we cannot deny that life is indeed selfish and unfair. With the globalised world, benefits can no longer be equally spread. Tourism may increase economic revenue for the country but robs the native tribes in Da Lat of their land.
The Southern Vietnamese food palate is slightly sweet and strong. They also are generous in complementing main dishes with vegetables such as basil leaves and some other leaves which I don't know their names. No wonder they have such nice complexion since they consume lots of greens and other herbs. Plus, never leave Vietnam without tasting their French loaves. YUMMY.

The only regret that I had was not buying enough of their local embroidered accessories or some other handicraft. D:
So glad to be back anyways, since I got my charger back! <3
Love,
Heal

No comments:
Post a Comment