Went to watched Avatar and I cannot believe that my sister would think that the movie is boring. My reaction first was WHAT?!
Truly, while I wasn't any avid sci-fi movie goer, what touched me was the indirect narrating of the avarice of human nature in bits of the story. At the same time, I could sense a slight skepticism on the current 'war on terror' by America, when the humans relate the fight against the indigenous groups in the 'other world' as a fight on 'terror with terror'.
The movie also reflects the ever avariciousness of human beings. The never-ending desire to exploit and get anything that is even beyond their means. Sometimes, while we want to help others, have the thought in mind be that we would want to help out unconditionally or otherwise?
I might regret of the fact that the I would sometimes demand for the latter, since the practical world or rather, society moulds me to be that. Sadly, kindness does not beget kindness.
Hence, my new year's resolution is to help someone, irrespective of who they are, unconditionally. Be they- passing cloud or my friends; as long as I can be their listening ear, a helping hand.
Love,
Heal
No comments:
Post a Comment